Wednesday, October 12, 2011

october updates

*watch video of Dreaming Bear at the end*

septic fun:
dun dun dun, well, ok the septic did have to be pumped. We really aren't sure where the leach field is, so we are just using the septic system and keeping an eye on the level. Everything seems to be working great so far.

chicken tractor:
two stray dogs showed up. They were really sweet, to humans. They got my latch open and ate the chickens when I was gone along with chasing the cats off of the farm. I had a bit of a spiritual dilemma about the fact that animal control was going to put them to sleep if they couldn't find the owners and had all kinds of plans running through my head . . .but they found the owners! Sweet, naughty dogs are gone and we picked up the rest of our chickens--and the cats came back too. Next dilemma, do we buy Mark and Catherine's (SpringValley Farm) breeding goats? Tempting . . . think goat cheese. Also, do we need a dog here to protect our animals?

my birthday, Iowa City Yoga Festival my snopsis:
i got to take a weekend by myself and go to the Iowa City Yoga Festival. I really enjoyed Jim Bennett's pranayama and yogic purification. I was also really excited to learn about how to organize yoga in the park. When I got to the class one of the two presenters just so happened to be the Reiki teacher that I had bumped into the night before in the hallway. He helped me with my headache and balanced a few other things as well. A sweet shaman woman was selling handmade jewelry. I liked her spirit. The necklace I got from her is grounding. Yoga Therapy was another session I went to. The presenter had been a physical therapist who got into yoga because it accidentally solved his chronic back problems. We got to hear about some really interesting research going on with MRI's about the science of the subtle body and the nervous system, and much more. . . oh and dreaming bear! Another great video of Dreaming Bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment