Tuesday, February 21, 2012

electric vehicles, local

Last year I ran across this video of someone close to our area who converted his truck to be an electric vehicle (EV). I sent the man, Bud Wren an email and he said that we could give him a call to stop out sometime.

A couple of weeks ago I was in charge of date night. I decided this was a perfect opportunity for childless focused time that would give us an opportunity to check deeper into EV's. Jerome and I went to visit Bud Wren on Campbell Island.

Bud did his truck from scratch, no kit. He did his own custom welding and used junk parts and some parts he had to order as well. He had a lot to say! Basically, there is so much more to learn . . .

I know that things can be a lot easier if you pay more for a conversion kit. You will get more distance and oomph if you use the expensive specialized batteries. There are so many options!

I know that from here I continue to read my book and watch videos online. I am also going to continue researching veggie oil alternatives. This seems like a much easier option for the warmer months. Also, when it is cold this can drain batteries.

I need to end this post because my computer battery is about to die! :)

to be continued, but watch the video at the link above!
its always inspiring to see local people trying something alternative, green, and stepping outside of the box.

1 comment:

  1. Good day,thanks for this amazing post,am in to green energy and wish to learn EV CONVERSION .Can you link me up with this Mr WREN? My contact is +2348136428042.Thanks

    ReplyDelete