Sunday, February 19, 2012

heart

Persephone

Knowing something about the fullness of the world's sadness
and the fullness of the world's joy,
I don't know how to proceed
Nobody acknowledges a walk through fire,
still I run torched and sputtering,
laughing, let my mouth spill garnet seeds
I could be spring's wet rupture under a blossom moon

I want the momentum of birth after
a thousand deaths, I want to do
what I'm scared to do, to do what I love
to follow the embroidery of blood
mapping my grandmother's voice to where I have not been yet

The key to resurrection is to re-member
remember pain shooting through you wet and tender,
agonizing in your growing, the heart sharply green in its need
You never know who will split your darkest seeds,
and draw light from your eyes

Remember we are golden benevolence,
like spare change angels,
we all pocket some redemption
give in to one thirsty kiss

kneel at your heart and drink

--Ellen Crow Vodicka


Finding the contradictions in life
opening
deconstructing
building
accepting

No comments:

Post a Comment